|Orlando, a city blessed with some of the greatest tourist attractions, amazing outdoor activities, and great weather, is also a place where you can find some of the best street barbecue spots in the world. If you're a foodie looking for a great gastronomic experience, Orlando's street barbecue culture is a must-try! In this blog post, we will explore the best street barbecue spots in Orlando and help you get familiarized with the barbecue culture. Hop on, let's take a mouthwatering journey through Orlando's iconic street barbecue experience.
Exploring Orlando's Street Barbecue Scene: A Gastronomic Adventure
Orlando's street barbecue culture is a sneak-peek into the city's diversified culinary world. It reveals the melting pot of cultures and flavors that make Orlando's food scene so unique. Barbecue cuisine has always had a strong presence in the region, thanks to the impact of Southern cuisine. However, in Orlando, you can find an amalgamation of cuisines, from Carolina to Texan, that have resulted in some delicious, signature barbecue dishes.
Sample the Best Orlando Barbecue Dishes at these Iconic Food Trucks
If you're a street food enthusiast, then Orlando's street barbecue scene is perfect for you. You can find some of the best barbecue dishes being served from trucks that are always on the move. Here are a few food trucks that you shouldn't miss when exploring the Orlando street barbecue scene.
Savory Pulled Pork, Smoky Ribs, and Flavorful Chicken: Must-Try Barbecue Delights
- Treehouse Truck - This truck is a popular haunt among locals and tourists alike. Their signature dish is the smoked brisket - a tender and juicy meat delicacy with perfectly balanced spices.
- SwedeDish Food Truck - They offer the best of both worlds with their Swedish-inspired barbecue dishes. Their meatballs, made of BBQ pork glazed with lingonberry sauce, are a must-try.
- Up In Smoke BBQ - Their pulled pork sandwich with the signature sweet and spicy sauce is a hot favorite among Orlando's barbecue lovers.
- The Big Cheese - The truck is known for its inventive barbeque dishes, such as their award-winning brisket mac and cheese, made with smoked brisket and mac and cheese.
Meet the Local Chefs Behind the Best Barbecue Food Truck Businesses in Orlando
Behind every delicious dish served out of the food trucks, there is a passionate chef who strives every day to introduce new flavors and techniques into their dishes. Here are some of the street barbecue chefs whom we'd like to introduce you to:
- Chef Alex of Treehouse Truck - Alex hails from Chicago, where he spent his childhood around family-owned restaurants. His love for good food and simple, quality ingredients inspired his culinary journey. In 2013, Treehouse Truck was born, and the rest is history.
- Chef Chasity of SwedeDish Food Truck - Chasity, a native Floridian, combines her passion for Swedish flavors with her talent for barbecue cooking, thereby creating some unique dishes with a Scandinavian twist.
- Chef Chuck of Up In Smoke BBQ - Chuck is a veteran law enforcement officer who, during his spare time, enjoys the art of smoking delicious meat. His passion and skill for barbecuing led him to open Up In Smoke BBQ, where he has been serving delicious dishes since 2014.
- Chef Matt of The Big Cheese - Matt, the culinary brain behind The Big Cheese, has spent most of his culinary career traveling and experiencing new flavors. His cooking is inspired by his travels and is a fusion of traditional barbecuing and innovative cooking.
Immerse Yourself in Orlando's Vibrant Barbecue Culture: Popular Events and Festivals
Orlando's streets transform into a gastronomic paradise during barbecue festivals and events. Here is a glimpse of some of the popular barbecue events that you can attend and be a part of during a visit to Orlando.
Mark Your Calendars: Annual Barbecue Festivals and Events in Orlando You Can't Miss
- Oviedo Beer and BBQ Battle – This two-day event is usually held every spring and witnesses top local and national BBQ food trucks battling it out to win the prestigious title of the ultimate BBQ Champion.
- The Orlando Big Squeeze - This event is one of the most famous food festivals in Orlando and offers so much more than just great beer and BBQ. Along with mouth-watering barbecue dishes and craft beer, you can expect to see live music and local artists.
- Smoke on the Water Festival - Wynwood Yard in Orlando is the venue for this legendary BBQ festival. The two-day event is usually held in August and is an outdoor picnic-style affair. With live music, beer and barbecue demonstrations, there's a lot of fun to be had.
Your Ultimate Guide to Orlando's Authentic Barbecue Experience: Tips and Recommendations
Now that we've given you a quick peek into Orlando's street barbecue scene, it's time to prepare for your visit with some tips and recommendations.
From Food Trucks to Restaurants: Where to Find the Best Barbecue in Orlando
- Bubbalou's Bodacious Bar-B-Q - A local favorite for over 30 years, Bubbalou's offers some of the best barbecue ribs, pulled pork, and beef brisket in Orlando.
- Pig Floyd's Urban Barbakoa - This eatery provides a funky and innovative take on barbecue, offering dishes such as "Bangkok street tacos,” "Kimchi balls," and "Korean fried chicken wings."
- 4 Rivers Smokehouse - John Rivers began this joint with the idea of combining his Southern passion for barbeque with his love for connecting with people, and 4 Rivers Smokehouse has done just that ever since its opening in 2009.
Top Tips for Enjoying Orlando's Street Barbecue Scene Like a Local
- Do your research - With so many barbecue restaurants and food trucks in Orlando, it might be overwhelming to decide which ones to try. Do your research, look for reviews, and speak to locals to find out the best street barbecue spots to visit.
- Dress appropriately - While Orlando's temperature is usually warm, the heat from the barbecues can be intense. Wear clothes that are comfortable and light.
- Go early - Orlando's food trucks are usually on the go, and some start serving early in the morning. Going early ensures that you enjoy the best dishes before they sell out or run out of stock.
Orlando's street barbecue scene brings together flavors and cultures from around the world, offering a unique taste experience. From the food trucks to the local joints and the annual barbecue events, there's no shortage of delicious dishes for you to sample. If you're planning a trip to Orlando, don't forget to experience the city's vibrant and diverse street barbecue scene.